Tuesday 22 July 2014

Top Secret wRong and Dolly Dolly project

Dolly Dolly and wRong (i.e. me) have been working feverishly over the Summer on some TOP SECRET plans, music and ideas. We are still hard at work creating interesting stuff (to us at least) with no real prior thought - he throws an idea at me and I chuck one back at him (about 40 miles between us too)
Dolly Dolly manipulates tapes and digital recordings of all kinds of lost and found noise and then we mash it all together with some alternately nice/nasty music.   I've just been faffing around with a string quartet and a small recorder ensemble, and then adding 15 ips tape hiss and the distant rumblings of a leslie speaker's valve amp after it's been left on for 2 hours.

There's got to be an LP in this somewhere...

I have enlisted the help of some friends of mine to help with stuff like playing violins (Andrew Row - an amazing clock and musical instrument restorer) and finger cymbals and maybe a bit of Hammond C3 and Hohner Clavinet L (Don Shinn who was in The Soul Agents originally with me' Dad, Tony) - he wants to come round and rock my Hammond M102 backwards and forwards like in this track he did in the 60s (pre ELP, mind!) but I won't let him.
   Here are a couple of Tunes that have so far come out of the project - 'J Alfred Prufrock' (which is also on my recent album Rejuvenations, but in a different format, without the lovely sound effects from Dolly Dolly) and 'Creepy Carrie' which is an outtake (with slightly incoherant ending), but not bad for a horror type theme, so I'm showing it off here...
Lovely!   "They're all gonna laugh at you!"



No comments:

Post a Comment